VC Summit 2020: Forces of Nature
The largest annual gathering of female/non-binary VC investors
Join 700+ amazing VCs at THE gathering for female/non-binary venture investors to share insights and build a supportive community together. With inspirational speakers, tactical breakout sessions, evening events, and extraordinary networking opportunities, our virtual summit is designed to maximize learning and connections.
All Raise VC Summit 2020: Forces of Nature
The All Raise VC Summit is by invitation only and specifically for active investors in US-based, venture-backed technology startups. We welcome all female/non-binary investors in venture capital, growth equity, angel groups, and the corporate VC world from across the US and at different stages in their careers.
Agenda at a Glance (all times in PT)
Tuesday, October 27: Overcoming Inertia: The Force that Creates Change
4:30 pm - 5:30pm: LP Perspective: Investing in Emerging Managers - optional session for emerging and prospective managers
5:30pm - 6:30pm: Emerging Manager Optional Evening Session
5:30pm - 6:30pm: Welcome Evening Session: Meet-and-Greet Networking
Wednesday, October 28: Action and Reaction: The Impact of Resistance
10:00am - 10:30am: An All Raise Welcome and Keynote: "Speaking Up and Taking Action: How to Be a Catalyst for Change" with Françoise Brougher & Emily Kramer, moderated by Tina Tchen
10:30am -10:45am: Networking
10:45am - 11:30am: Breakouts: Career Acceleration Session 1
11:30am - 11:45am: Networking
11:45am - 12:30pm: Breakouts: Career Acceleration Session 2
Breakout Session Topics and Panelists:
- Becoming a Partner: What to Ask for From Your Firm + Compensation and Negotiation with Stacey Bishop, Partner at Scale Venture Partners, and Dana Settle, Partner at Greycroft Partners, moderated by Jess Lee, Partner at Sequoia Capital
- Best Practices for Male Allies: How to Retain the Women in your VC Firm with Rebecca Kaden, General Partner at Union Square Ventures / Maria Salamanca, Principal at Unshackled Ventures (Session 2) and Kara Nortman, Partner at Upfront Ventures, moderated by Jenny Abramson, Founder and Managing Partner at Rethink Impact
- Building LP Relationships and Raising Your Own Fund with Joanna Drake, General Partner at Core Ventures Group, Angela Matheny, Director of Investment Staff and Head of Diverse Manager Equity at Colonial Consulting, Inc, moderated by Katie Rae, CEO and Managing Partner at The Engine
- Building Your Firm: Hiring, Fundraising, Strategy Decisions with Eurie Kim, General Partner at Forerunner Ventures and Beth Ferreira, General Partner at FirstMark Capital, moderated by Kat Utecht, Managing Partner at Core Innovation Capital
- Cap Table Fundamentals for Associates with Julie Zhang, Senior Associate at Betaworks Ventures
- Expand Your Domain: Learning & Building Credibility in a New Investment Category with Suman Natarajan, SVP Venture Investing at Citi Ventures and Amy Wu, Partner at Lightspeed Venture Partners, moderated by Devika Patil, Managing Director in the Venture Capital Relationship Management Group at Silicon Valley Bank
- Finding Your Voice and Building Your Personal Brand with Nairi Hourdajian, VP, Communications at Figma, moderated by Elisa Schreiber, Marketing Partner at Greylock
- Getting to Liquidity: Best & Worst Practices in M&A, IPOs & Distributions with Maggie Wilderotter, Chief Executive Officer at Grand Reserve Inn, moderated by Brittany Skoda, Global Head of Software Banking at Morgan Stanley
- How to Be A Great Board Member: Best and Worst Practices with Veery Maxwell, Partner at Ajax Investment Strategies and a director at Energy Innovation, and Meena Sankaran, Founder and CEO at KETOS, moderated by Megan Guy, Partner at King River Capital
- Successful Growth Stage Investing with Anu Hariharan, Partner at Y Combinator’s Continuity Fund and Holly Maloney, Managing Director at General Catalyst, moderated by Sarah Pinto Peyronel, Partner, Venture Investing at Emerson Collective
- Successful Seed Stage Investing with Brittany Davis, Partner at Backstage Capital and Stephanie Palmeri, Partner at Uncork Capital, moderated by Sydney Thomas, Senior Associate at Precursor Ventures (session 1) / Tiffany Ho, Principal at ACME Capital (session 2)
- Successful Series A/B Investing with Sarah Tavel, General Partner at Benchmark, moderated by Emily Melton, Founder and Managing Partner at Threshold Ventures
- The Path from Associate to VP / Principal: Building Hard and Soft Skills featuring Jillian Williams, Investment Principal at Anthemis Group, moderated by Danielle Lay, Principal at NEA
- The Path from Principal / VP to Partner: Building Hard and Soft Skills with Anarghya Vardhana, Partner at Maveron and Terri Burns, Partner at GV, moderated by Chian Gong, Partner at Reach Capital
- The Secrets Inside VC Firms: What Goes on in GP Meetings with Nisha Dua, General Partner at BBG Ventures and Courtney Robinson, Partner at AVP, moderated by Sutian Dong, Founder and former Venture Partner, Female Founders Fund
- Winning the Deal - How to Win in a Competitive Process with Nicole Quinn, Partner at Lightspeed Venture Partners, moderated by Nina Achadjian, Partner at Index Ventures
3:45pm - 4:45pm: LP Perspective: Getting to Know and Building Relationships with LPs - optional session open to all attendees
4:45pm - 5:15pm: Keynote by Glennon Doyle, the New York Times bestselling author of "Untamed" and founder of Together Rising
5:15pm - 5:45pm: Evening breakouts with male allies
5:45pm - 7:00pm: Evening breakouts (female or non-binary only)
Thursday, October 29: Generating Momentum: The Power of a Movement
10:00am - 10:30am: Welcome and Keynote: "Currents of Change: Sparking a Movement Toward Racial Equity in Tech" Introduction from Ellen McGirt, Senior Editor at Fortune Magazine and featuring Beatriz Acevedo, Co-Founder and CEO of Suma Wealth, and Carolina Huaranca Mendoza, Scout at Lightspeed Venture Partners and Board Member at Latinas in Tech, Lauren Maillian, CEO of digitalundivided, and Tiffany Dufu, Founder and CEO of The Cru
10:30am - 10:45am: Networking
10:45am - 11:30am: Breakouts: Sector Deep Dives Session 1
11:30am - 11:45am: Networking
11:45am - 12:30pm: Breakouts: Sector Deep Dives Session 2
12:30pm - 12:45pm: Networking
Breakout Session Topics and Panelists:
- Series A - Key Metrics for Consumer Companies with Laura Chau, Principal at Canaan
- Series A - Key Metrics for Enterprise Companies with Priya Saiprasad, Venture Capitalist at Mayfield Fund
- Series B and Beyond - Key Metrics for Consumer Companies with Roseanne Wincek, Co-Founder and Managing Director at Renegade Partners, and Chloe Breider, Investor at Renegade Partners
- Series B and Beyond - Key Metrics for Enterprise Companies with Tina Hoang-To, Partner at Obvious Ventures
- The New Social: From Gen Alpha to Boomers with Naj Austin, Founder & CEO of Somewhere Good and Hannah Donovan, Founder & CEO at TRASH, moderated by Alexia Bonatsos, General Partner at Dream Machine
- The State of E-Commerce: The Ongoing Retail Revolution with April Underwood, Founder and CEO at Local Laboratory Corp and Sutian Dong, Founder and former Venture Partner, Female Founders Fund moderated by Nisha Dua, General Partner at BBG Ventures
- The Future of Edtech: The New Paradigm Shift in Education with Mercedes Bent, Partner at Lightspeed Venture Partners, Andrew Sutherland, Founder of Quizlet, Dan Cogan-Drew, Co-Founder and Chief Academic Officer at Newsela, moderated by Wayee Chu, General Partner at Reach Capital
- The Outlook on the Future of Infrastructure Payments with Sol Lee, Senior Associate at Nyca Partners and Aditi Maliwal, Partner at Upfront Ventures, moderated by Adriana Saman, Senior Associate at Clocktower Technology Ventures
- Trends Shaping Consumer Fintech with Jayni Shah, Principal at Accomplice VC, moderated by Alana Ackerson, Co-Founder of Figure
- The New Creative Economy: The Next Gen of Creators, Gamers & Content Makers with Monique Woodard, Founding Partner at Cake Ventures, Sima Sistani, Founder and CEO of Houseparty, Kendra Johnson, General Manager, Global Talent Business at Twitch, moderated by Sophia Xiao, Partner, Investments & Portfolio Operations, at General Catalyst
- Trends in Workforce Development: From Middle Skills to the Knowledge Economy with Shauntel Garvey, General Partner at Reach Capital and Salwa Muhammad, CEO at FourthBrain, Ruben Harris, CEO at Career Karma, moderated by Jomayra Herrera, Investor at Cowboy Ventures
- Consumerization of Healthcare: Digital Health, Telehealth, and the Patient-First Future with Jessica Chao Director at UCSF Innovation Center, moderated by Ulili Onovakpuri, Partner at Kapor Capital
- COVID and Health Tech's New Revolution with Christina Jenkins, Venture Partner Phoenix Venture Partners and Lead Investor, Portfolia and Deborah Jackson, Founder and CEO at Plum Alley, moderated by Linda Greub, General Partner at Avestria Ventures
- The Changing Face of Mental/Behavioral Healthtech in the age of COVID with Deena Shakir, Partner at Lux Capital and Alison Ryu, Partner at _able moderated by Meera Clark, Investor at Obvious Ventures
- Commercial Applications of AI / ML with Suchi Pathak, Co-Founder & Chief Psychologist at Aptology, Inc. and Omoju Miller, Technical Advisor to the CEO at GitHub, moderated by Jocelyn Goldfein, Managing Director at Zetta Venture Partners
- Building Companies Around Open Source Projects with Emily Nakashima, Vice President Of Engineering at Honeycomb.io, moderated by Amanda Robson, Principal at Cowboy Ventures
- Security Practices in a DevOps World with Tunde Oni-Daniel, VP/SMD Head of Cyber Technology at OneMain Financial, Maritza Perez, Director of Product Management at Splunk, Moushmi Banerjee, Software Architect at Okta, Neelima Rustagi, Senior Director of Product Management at Palo Alto Networks, moderated by Vidya Raman, Principal at Sorenson Ventures
- The Talent Economy: Labor Marketplaces & The Future of Work with Kim Taylor, CEO at Cluster and Sarah Gray, Founding Clinician at Trusted Health, moderated by Lainy Painter, Principal at Craft Ventures
- What's Next for Marketplace Platforms of the Future? With Charles Hudson, Managing Partner at Precursor Ventures and Michelle Davey, Founder and CEO of Wheel moderated by Rebecca Kaden, General Partner at Union Square Ventures
- Developing a Bottoms Up GTM Strategy with Cecilia Stallsmith, Owner of Calyx Consulting and former Director of Platform Marketing at Slack, and Zoelle Egner, Marketing at Airtable, moderated by Vanessa Larco, Partner at NEA
- Strongest Applications for No-Code/Low-Code with Minn Kim, Principal at Bloomberg Beta, moderated by Rachel Holt, Co-founder & General Partner at Construct Capital
- The Future of Vertical SaaS: Top Industry Trends to Watch with Lan Xuezhao, Founding and Managing Partner at Basis Set Ventures and Earnest Sweat, Associate Partner at GreatPoint Ventures, moderated by Sarah Smith, Partner at Bain Capital Ventures
12:45pm - 1:30pm: Keynote: “Unicorns in Motion” with an introduction from Fern Mandelbaum, Managing Director, Venture Investments at Emerson Collective, featuring Rachel Carlson, CEO & Co-Founder of Guild Education and Jennifer Tejada, CEO of PagerDuty, moderated by Heather Fernandez, Co-Founder and CEO of Solv
1:30pm - 2:00pm: Keynote: “Equality is a Team Sport” with Angel City FC, the professional women's soccer team coming to Los Angeles. Featuring three-time Olympic gold medalist and Angel City founding investor Shannon Boxx, two-time FIFA Women's World Cup champion, Olympic gold medalist, ESPN broadcaster and Angel City founding investor Julie Foudy, and Upfront Managing Partner, All Raise co-founder, and Angel City founder Kara Nortman.
Speaking Up and Taking Action: How to Be a Catalyst for Change
Join us for an intimate keynote from seasoned tech leaders Françoise Brougher and Emily Kramer, who are both speaking out and taking action against gender discrimination. In a discussion moderated by Tina Tchen, president and CEO of TIME'S UP, Françoise and Emily will share why they decided to catalyze systemic change in tech and how everyone can advocate for themselves and contribute to a more equitable industry.
Keynote by Glennon Doyle, the New York Times bestselling author of "Untamed" and founder of Together Rising. Moderated by Ita Ekpoudom, Partner at GingerBread Capital.
Currents of Change: Sparking a Movement Toward Racial Equity in Tech
Introduction from Ellen McGirt, Senior Editor at Fortune Magazine and featuring Beatriz Acevedo, Co-Founder and CEO of Suma Wealth, and Carolina Huaranca Mendoza, Scout at Lightspeed Venture Partners and Board Member at Latinas in Tech, Lauren Maillian, CEO of digitalundivided, and Tiffany Dufu, Founder and CEO of The Cru
Unicorns in Motion
A keynote with an introduction from Fern Mandelbaum, Managing Director, Venture Investments at Emerson Collective, and featuring Rachel Carlson, CEO & Co-Founder of Guild Education and Jennifer Tejada, CEO of PagerDuty, moderated by Heather Fernandez, Co-Founder and CEO of Solv
Equality is a Team Sport
Keynote with Angel City FC, the professional women's soccer team coming to Los Angeles. Featuring three-time Olympic gold medalist and Angel City founding investor Shannon Boxx, two-time FIFA Women's World Cup champion, Olympic gold medalist, ESPN broadcaster and Angel City founding investor Julie Foudy, and Upfront Managing Partner, All Raise co-founder, and Angel City founder Kara Nortman.
Hear from amazing experts in our breakout sessions, which will supercharge your insights as an investor and your professional development.
Clocktower Technology Ventures
Lightspeed Venture Partners
Local Laboratory Corp
Phoenix Venture Partners / Portfolia
Silicon Valley Bank
Core Ventures Group
Zetta Venture Partners
Core Innovation Capital
King River Capital
Lightspeed Venture Partners
Palo Alto Networks
Lightspeed Venture Partners
Union Square Ventures
Sarah Pinto Peyronel
Bain Capital Ventures
Scale Venture Partners
Founder and former Venture Partner, Female Founders Fund
Ajax Investment Strategies
Basis Set Ventures
About the All Raise VC Summit
Last year’s powerful event gathered nearly 600 women in venture capital from across the country. Extensive networking was complemented by keynotes featuring world-class athletes, activists, and founders who are breaking barriers for women in their respective fields. Our breakout sessions offered an inside track on industry trends, key areas of expertise, and career development.
What's new this year?
This year, we are growing the event to three days of virtual keynotes, breakouts, evening sessions, and networking, and growing the number of attendees to 700+ to include even more women VCs at all career stages. We’re also excited to create more unique opportunities to network with your peers, and plenty of surprise and delight moments to keep you engaged. Let the deals flow!
Who should attend?
The invite-only All Raise VC Summit welcomes all active female or non-binary investors in technology from venture capital, growth equity, and corporate VC firms, as well as angel groups, based in the US. All Raise offers other programs for founders, operators, and women who are looking to transition to investing, and you can learn more by visiting www.allraise.org.
Can I submit a speaker idea?
If you have an idea for a session or speaker that fits the theme of the event, we welcome your suggestions. Please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
How do I participate as a speaker and/or a panelist?
We are thrilled you are interested in participating as a speaker and/or panelist! Please reach out to email@example.com to discuss potential opportunities.
How do I sponsor the Summit?
All Raise is a non-profit powered by the support of volunteers, personal and company contributions. Consider reaching out to your company to sponsor this year's virtual All Raise VC Summit. Tiered sponsorship packages include branding, benefits, and complimentary tickets. If you are interested in sponsoring the Summit, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When and where is the All Raise VC Summit 2020?
The All Raise VC Summit 2020 is from October 27 - 29, 2020. This year's Summit will be virtual, so you are able to participate where it is most convenient for you.
Who should attend the Summit?
The All Raise VC Summit is by invitation only and specifically for active investors in US-based, venture-backed technology startups. We welcome all female/non-binary investors in venture capital, growth equity, angel groups, and the corporate VC world from across the US and at different stages in their careers. If you fit that description but have not received an invitation, please submit a request to attend via this form.
When will registration open and close?
Registration will be open starting September 17th, 2020 and close on October 21, 2020.
Do you have an age requirement for All Raise Summit 2020?
Please contact email@example.com if you are under age 18 and interested in attending.
Can you share a list of registrants?
We will be sharing an attendee list after the event for all attendees who have opted-in. You will also be able to have interactions with folks in attendance during the event.
Can I share my registration link with others?
No — please do not forward your unique invitation link. Your registration link is a one time use link. If you forward your link to another individual and they register before you do, your link will be null and we will be unable to issue you another one. We recommend that you do not share your link and/or forward your registration confirmation.
Does my registration include membership with All Raise?
At this time, All Raise is not a membership organization, however we will keep you informed about ways to stay engaged with the community throughout the year.
What membership opportunities does All Raise have available?
Please visit allraise.org for more information on participating in All Raise programs.
Why should I sponsor All Raise VC Summit 2020?
Show Your Commitment to Women Investors. Sponsorships support 700+ amazing women VC investors with inspirational keynote speakers, tactical breakout sessions, and extraordinary networking opportunities. Venture is a relationship business and All Raise VC Summit attendees connect, network, and create new relationships.
Where can I find an agenda?
Our full agenda will be available closer to the event date. All Raise VC Summit 2020 will have a packed agenda full of interactive content and will include sessions and panels.
Will there be networking receptions and events?
Absolutely! More to come.
Can we use the All Raise logo if we sponsor? / What are the guidelines for branding?
Please contact Steffi Wu at firstname.lastname@example.org for permission to use the All Raise logo and access to our branding guidelines.
Can we use screenshots and/or images from the conference?
No, we do not allow nor do we have permission to allow sponsors to use screenshots or any photos from the event.
What does the price of my registration cover?
Each $400 ticket includes three days of content with inspiring A-list talent, tailored breakouts for women in venture at all career levels, ample networking opportunities, digital swag, small-group discussions and dinners and other surprises.
What is the refund policy?
We unfortunately can’t issue any refunds, however should you no longer be able to attend, we can issue a credit towards next year’s Summit.
Can I give my registration information to someone else if I’m not able to attend?
We will evaluate this on a case by case basis. Please email email@example.com to request a change in attendance.
If I end up not attending one day, can I get some money back on my registration?
No, we are unable to offer partial refunds or refunds of any type.
What special rates are available?
Should you have a financial hardship and need to request a scholarship to attend, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Women are drastically underrepresented in VC, and shout out to the All Raise team for making the effort to increase diversity and thus quality in the program year over year — expanding the attendee numbers and opening the Summit to investors who may not be at traditional firms (like investors who run accelerators, angel groups, etc.). This led to stronger conversations and the ability to connect with investors who came to Summit from underrepresented cities like Omaha, Kansas City, and more. We believe in the work that All Raise is doing and the positive impact that they are having on the ecosystem.”
“When I first started in venture capital back in 2013, I did not fully appreciate how isolating it felt to be a woman in venture. In the past few years, All Raise has been instrumental in blowing the doors wide open for women, especially through their VC Summit. Coming from Nashville, I was able to gather with hundreds of fellow investors, share deals, and make new, lifelong friends. I love that while progress can feel painstaking at times, I now have a community and a quickly growing one at that.”